- Don't overdo it with the firewood - clean your chimney at least thrice a year
- Use fireworks responsibly
- Use electrical decorations only in appropriate conditions - put candles at least a meter away from the fir tree, so that "your mood doesn't go up in flames"
- Don't leave lit candles unattended!
- Don't forget your children during the holidays - not like in Home Alone but rather don't let them play with fire
- Give someone a smoke detector as a Christmas present - "One for your bedroom, one for your girlfriend", concludes the piece.
Novēlam mierpilnus un drošus Ziemassvētkus! Lai svētki izdotos, neaizmirstiet par ugunsdrošību! pic.twitter.com/9O5tGsC2WK— VUGD (@ugunsdzeseji) December 22, 2015
The poem by the fireworks tip reads like this:
What's there going off and popping?
Firecrackers are what's popping,
Let's use fireworks sanely,
Let's not act insanely.
However if these poetic tips don't quite do it, call 112.