The building located between the National Archives of Latvia and Vanšu Bridge hosts the cash processing center of Latvijas Banka.
Customers who mainly used Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices to receive services involving cash or the provision of Credit Register data, are in future asked to visit the building at Bezdelīgu iela 3 housing Cashier's Offices. Automatic coin deposit machines will also be available there. They allow for depositing the coins saved in customers' "piggy banks" and crediting the amount equivalent to the value of coins to their bank accounts in a faster and more convenient manner.
Informācija par kasu pārvietošanu_27122022.pdfDownload
Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices provide the following on-site services:
- exchange of lats banknotes and coins to euro banknotes and coins (at the official conversion rate, free of charge);
- replacement of damaged euro and lats banknotes and coins (if they fulfil the replacement conditions);
- authentication of suspicious banknotes and coins;
- exchange of euro banknotes or coins for euro banknotes or coins of other denominations (including "piggy banks", their exchange conditions);
- picking up collector coins and other numismatic products purchased on the website e-monetas.lv as well as 2 euro commemorative coin rolls (the dates and business hours for their pickup are announced at the time the purchases are made);
- cash transactions by credit institutions;
- the provision of Credit Register data by prior appointment in cases where a customer is unable to receive the relevant data remotely electronically (https://manidati.kreg.lv/?lang=EN or to the official e-address) or by mail. Please call 67022497 to make an appointment for receiving Credit Register data in person.
Purchase of collector coins and numismatic products is organised remotely only.
Business hours of Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices:
- Monday–Thursday from 8.30 to 16.30;
- Friday from 8.30 to 15.30;
- on the days before holidays, the working day is an hour shorter respectively (please follow the information published on the website www.bank.lv).
30 December 2022 will be the last working day of Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices located at K. Valdemāra iela 1B. After that they will be closed for the public, and the premises will be transformed to create an appropriate working environment for staff following the merger of Latvijas Banka and the Financial and Capital Market Commission.
More information is available by e-mail [email protected] or by phone 67022300. More details of access to the premises ca be read in the PDF attachment to this story.