Passenger Rail representative Agnese Līcīte said a total of 16 runs on the Dubulti, Carnikava, Ogre/Lielvārde and Jelgava routes will be cut.
The following runs on the Rīga–Dubulti route will be cancelled:
- No.6301 from Rīga (9.05) to Dubulti (9.39)
- No.6351 from Rīga (19.25) to Dubulti (19.59)
- No.6302 from Dubulti (10.36) to Rīga (11.10)
- No.6354 from Dubulti (20.52) to Rīga (21.26)
On the route to Carnikava:
- No.6120 from Rīga (11.22) to Carnikava (12.00)
- No.6125 from Carnikava (13.13) to Rīga (13.51)
On the route to Ogre/Lielvārde:
- No.6204 from Rīga (6.08) to Ogre (6.39)
- No.6226 from Rīga (15.11) to Ogre (15.53)
- No.6236 from Rīga (18.18) to Lielvārde (19.03)
- No.6209 from Ogre (7.24) to Rīga (7.58)
- No.6231 from Ogre (16.35) to Rīga (17.17)
- No.6241 from Lielvārde (19.16) to Rīga (20.10)
On the route to Jelgava:
- No.6707 Rīga (6.45) to Jelgava (7.22)
- No.6725 Rīga (15.17) to Jelgava (16.01)
- No.6714 Jelgava (7.59) to Rīga (8.38)
- No.6732 Jelgava (16.30) to Rīga (17.14)
The schedule on the Pasažieru vilciens website and app has been updated, and there are no changes in the remaining 203 runs. The company urges people who have returned from abroad or have contacted a Covid-19 patient to abstain from going on a train for 14 days.
Notably fewer people are riding buses and trains in Latvia during the Covid-19 outbreak. On March 17, an infected passenger was discovered to be on a train from Rīga towards Zilupe, with the country's disease center reporting the situation and further decreasing passenger willingness to use public transportation.