An exhibition displaying the work of nominated artists will open in the Great Hall of the Latvian National Museum of Art (LNMM) , the organizers of the exhibition have announced.
The exhibition will consist of a set of paintings, graphics, photographs, objects and video art created by the eight artists and groups of artists shortlisted for the sixth Purvītis Prize:
- Eric Apaalais, "Diaries from Earth" series of paintings;
- Ieva Epnere, solo exhibition "The Sea of Living Memories";
- Kristaps Epners, Forget Me Not;
- Gints Gabrāns, augmented reality project SAN;
- Romans Korovins, solo exhibition "Master Vu and Master Lee Satori";
- Paulis Liepa, Exhibition "The Cabinet of Fine Arts"
- Rasa Šmite and Raitis Šmit, exhibition "Microvascular Fluctuations";
- Text group "Orbit" (Artūrs Punte, Vladimirs Svetlovs, Sergejs Timofejevs and Alexanders Zapoļs), exhibition "From Where Does Poetry Emerge"?
The Purvītis Prize 2019 winner will be named on April 12 at a special ceremony at the Zuzeum Art Center. It is is awarded only once every two years to an artist or group of artists who represent Latvian art with outstanding work.
The winner of the prize is decided by a specially created international jury. The prize is worth €28,500 and is the biggest award in the field of visual art in Latvia.
Every visitor to the exhibition will have the chance to influence matters, too, by expressing their opinion on a questionnaire and voting for their favorite at the show.