The seventh Rīga IFF will take place October 15-25.
One of the most important sections of the festival is the feature film competition. Eight distinct, innovative and artistically challenging films from the Baltic Sea region and the Nordic countries have been selected for the competition this year:
- The Trouble With Nature, dir: Illum Jacobi, 2020, Denmark
- In Deep Sleep, dir: Maria Ignatenko, 2020, Russia
- Isaac (Izaokas), dir: Jurģis Matulevičius, 2019, Lithuania
- Resin (Harpiks), dir: Daniel Borgman, 2019, Denmark
- The Conference (Konferentsiya), dir: Ivan I. Tverdovsky, 2020, Russia, Estonia, UK, Italy
- What Silent Gerda Knows (Ko zina Klusā Gerda), dir: Yevgeni Pashkevich, 2020, Latvia
- I Love You I Miss You I Hope I See You Before I Die, dir: Eva Marie Rødbro, 2019, Denmark
- Andrey Tarkovsky. A Cinema Prayer, dir: Andrey A. Tarkovsky, 2019, Italy, Russia, Sweden
In total, 129 films make up this year’s festival program and are divided into ten thematic sections. In addition to these, the festival is comprised of a Baltic music video competition and a series of events dedicated to discussing relevant industry issues and the latest film technologies.
The festival’s motto “Owning the Unknown” is a response to the current epidemiological situation in the world and the challenges this poses. The festival will take place both in person and online this year.
Further information about the festival program and events can be found on the festival’s website, rigaiff.lv.
Riga IFF is organised with the support of the State Culture Capital Foundation of Latvia, the European Commission’s Creative Europe MEDIA program, the National Film Center and Riga City Council.