Generally, the tradition is – don't work too much and eat a lot. And check your water source for wine.
As usual, LSM does not guarantee the outcome of any particular action.
- One should not start anything anew on the final days of the year, because the work will not have any blessing.
- One should not work much on New Year's Eve; next year will not be good then.
- At midnight on New Year's Eve, all wells contain wine for a few minutes.
- Sauerkraut should be eaten on New Year's Eve so that the sourness of last year is eaten; do not eat sauerkraut on New Year's Day, as the whole year will then be sour.
- If you sew on New Year's Eve, you'll see werewolves (not specified when).
- On New Year's Eve, toss your hat in the air; if the hat falls upright, next year will bring riches, if upside down – famine.
- Eat dry grey peas and herring on New Year's Eve to have a lot of wealth and health next year.
- If you go to sleep before midnight, you'll sleep through the next year.
- Place three colors on the table on New Year's Eve: white, red, and black. Close your eyes and pick one. If it's white, the next year will be happy, if it's red – average, and if it's black, the year will be gloomy.
We wish our readers a wonderful New Year's Eve and a good New Year regardless of your herring, pea, or sauerkraut-eating habits.
The material was prepared with the information on valoda.ailab.lv.