Dzintars cosmetic brand changes its name

The long-renowned Dzintars (Amber) cosmetics brand is changing its name in an effort to change its fortunes, reports LSM's Latvian-language service.

The origins of Dzintars cosmetics can be traced back to 1849, when Heinrich Adolf Brieger founded a soap and perfumery factory in Riga, which later became one of the largest cosmetics manufacturers in Latvia. It is his name that the new enterprise will take, with the first rebranded products likely to appear on shelves in March according to Anastasia Udalova, the manager and co-owner of 'HA Brieger'.

The cosmetics company existed as a popular brand name even through the period of Soviet occupation and state ownership, and in 1991 was reconstituted as a joint stock company.

In 2019, Dzintars faced insolvency and went bankrupt.

Last November, SIA Asko R, belonging to Udalova, became the owner of 32.43% of 'Dzintars Production' shares, as previously reported by LSM. The remaining 67.57% of Dzintars Production shares belong to the unlikely-sounding Daugavpils Locomotive Repair Workshop of whom the ultimate beneficiary is Estonian millionaire Oleg Osinovski.

Seen a mistake?

Select text and press Ctrl+Enter to send a suggested correction to the editor

Select text and press Report a mistake to send a suggested correction to the editor

Related articles
Business
Economy

Please be aware that the LSM portal uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you agree that we may store and use cookies on your device. Find out more

Accept and continue