"The 'Rail Baltica Academy' summer session will take place in June 2021, and will offer an opportunity to students and the general public interested in railway engineering, construction, maintenance, environmental issues, innovation and other topics to gain direct access to the key Rail Baltica experts from the Global Project coordinator RB Rail AS and implementing bodies in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, and learn from them about the latest industry trends and how they are being applied in Rail Baltica," RB Rail said.
In seven online sessions, students will have an opportunity to get an insight into an integrated approach of project management and engineering to deliver a modern and sustainable railway infrastructure.
Sessions will include the following speakers and the agenda:
- Einārs Jaunzems, Project implementation director at “Eiropas Dzelzceļa līnijas” – Rail Baltica international stations as mobility hubs: Rīga Central Station case study
- Ēriks Diļevs, Technical Director, Latvia at RB Rail AS – From Tallinn to Vilnius: top 10 Rail Baltica Infrastructure objects
- Rūta Blagnytė, Lead Environmental Expert at RB Rail AS, Building and operating environmentally sustainable rail: Rail Baltica
- Andy Billington, Innovation and Sustainability Expert at RB Rail AS, Rail Baltica - More than a railway project
- Mantas Kaušylas, Head of Strategy and International Relations, Rail Baltica Coordination Department, LTG Infra – Increasing railway and airport interoperability
- Jovita Starynina, BIM and AIM Coordinator at RB Rail AS – Rail Baltica project BIM implementation and its impact to Lithuania Infrastructure
- Urmas Alber, BIM and AIM Coordinator at RB Rail AS, BIM – Sharing is caring
Full agenda and syllabus of the provided sessions are available on: railbaltica.org/rail-baltica-academy/
Sessions will be organised in English, Latvian, Lithuanian or Estonian (depending on a particular session) and will be available publicly on the designated Facebook events and Rail Baltica Global Project webpage www.railbaltica.org.