Nine Latvian companies will receive grants to support the development of innovative military or dual-use products.
The Ministry of Defense will grant aid to these companies and products:
- Baltic motorsport promotion for the development of a new tactical military vehicle,
- LV-Teh for the development of a sub-sized modular trailer type platform,
- Marta for the development of an autonomous group of marine systems,
- Rotons for the development of specialist storage and transport containers for material-technical equipment,
- DarkRay for the development of a set of technological and tactical improvements for 6 x 6 vehicles,
- Baltic bullets for the development of a self-lubricating bullet,
- SRC Brasa for the development of unmanned land-based platform “Natrix”,
- Baltic3d.eu for the development of the methodology for selecting and evaluating 3D components,
- Teters for the development of engineering anti-mobility system.
The grant programme competition took place for the third time. In it, the Ministry of Defence received 31 project applications from various areas related to the security of the armed forces, including transport, unmanned systems, communications and electronic warfare solutions, armaments, as well as others.
The submitted projects were assessed on the basis of the following criteria: the application of the product in the defense and security sector, the overall capacity of the merchant to develop the project, the novelty of the product, the technological capacity, the involvement of research organizations, as well as international competitiveness and the economic impact on the future commercial activities of the merchant.
The available co-financing of the Ministry of Defense for the supported projects is EUR 500 000.
During the implementation of the projects, experts from the National Armed Forces will provide advice to companies, thereby promoting the development of innovative and defense-related products.