From December 28 to December 30, residents are invited to participate in the “Riga-Kyiv” donation share, with food, household and hygiene products, as well as pet food.
- food products — canned food, sugar, oil, buckwheat, barley, pasta, corn, sweets, nuts, dried fruit, dried bread, milk powder, instant coffee, tea, instant meals (porridge, soups, etc.), drinking water, baby food. Food products should have a shelf life of at least 6 months.
- hygiene products – children's and adults' nappies, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shower gel, soap, hand creams, toilet paper, child pads and wet wipes. There is also a need for children's clothing and footwear.
- pet food — kibble, canned food, care accessories (beds, litter, etc.).
- medical products: bandages, tourniquets, patches, disinfectants, antiseptics, medical gloves.
- other things are needed: blankets, mattresses, sleeping bags, heaters, chargers, generators.
Donations can be delivered to the following locations at the given schedule:
- December 28 from 15:00 until 20:00 in Rātslaukums;
- December 29 from 15:00 to 20:00 at the entrance of the shopping mall AKROPOLE Alfa;
- December 30 from 12:00 to 20:00 at the Spice shopping mall.
Donations can also be delivered to the culture center Imanta (Anniņmuižas boulevard 29), as well as the neighborhood resident centers: E. Smiļģa Street 46, Gobas Street 6a, Ieriķu Street 43a, Daugavpils Street 31, or Ziemeļblāzmas Street 36.
Those who do not have the opportunity to bring their own donations are invited to donate to the cause on Ziedot.lv at ziedot.lv/10-autobusi-kijivai-4437. The donations received will help to purchase those things that will be missing when buses are filled.
Buses with donations will go to Kyiv in mid-January.