The Fire and Rescue Service (VUGD) urges caution and has compiled a list of simple tips to keep you safe during the storm.
- Don't go outside without a pressing need to do so;
- Close your doors, windows and any hatches;
- For flats - fasten the objects on your balcony;
- Don't sit near windows as falling trees and other objects can cause damage;
- Charge your mobile phone before the storm as a power blackout might happen.
Call 112 in case of an emergency.
If you see any damaged power lines, don't go near them and call 802 00404 to report the damage.