The chairman of the NEPLP Ivars Āboliņš told LETA that the decision was made in connection with violations that directly endanger national security. The decision takes effect immediately. Retransmission of the channel is prohibited in Latvia for three years.
Āboliņš said that NEPLP continues to work and all resources are concentrated to protect Latvia's information environment. It is possible that on Monday, February 28, the NEPLP will make further decisions regarding the strengthening of the information environment.
As previously reported by LSM, a selection of propaganda-pushing channels were shut down last week in Latvia, with regulators in some other countries also following suit.