The regions facing additional rules are Daugavpils city and the municipalities of Baldone, Krāslava, Salacgrīva, Aknīste and Varakļāni.
In these regions, starting November 26:
- pupils of grades 5-12 will learn remotely;
- vocational and higher education will be remote;
- professional development/adult education courses and classes will not take place;
- hairdressers will not be allowed to work;
- museums and other cultural venues, fairs will not open;
- amateur sports will only take place outdoors;
- no private events may take place except funerals.
City public transportation fill must not exceed 50%, whereas stores and other indoor service locations may not exceed 20% of the maximum possible number of people at the same time.