The monthly allowance for seven months for the above-mentioned vulnerable groups of society is expected to run from November 1, 2022 until May 31, 2023.
The aid is expected to be due:
- EUR 30 per month if the amount of the pension, remuneration or national social security allowance does not exceed EUR 300 per month;
- EUR 20 per month if the pension, remuneration, or national social security benefit ranges from €301 to €509 per month;
- €10 per month if the pension, remuneration or national social security benefit ranges from €510 to €603.
For example, if the old-age pension amounts to EUR 300.94, then the cents will be disregarded and the person will be paid a national allowance of EUR 30 per month.
It is intended that this State allowance will be granted and paid to a person living in Latvia who, during the period from November 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023, has been:
- a beneficiary of old age, disability, or survivor's pension, including the pension granted prematurely and in advance;
- a recipient of a special State pension;
- a recipient of a retirement pension who has reached the age necessary for the granting of an old-age pension, but for which an old-age pension has not been granted, a recipient of a service pension who has not reached the age necessary for the granting of an old-age pension and for which the disability has been determined;
- a recipient of compensation for loss of capacity or compensation for the recipient of the survivor;
- arecipient of the State social security benefit.
The State allowance of EUR 30 will also be granted and paid to a person living in Latvia who is:
- a recipient of the family state allowance for a child with disabilities;
- an adult person who has been granted refugee or alternative status in Latvia and who is legally staying in Latvia with a valid maintenance permit issued by the Republic of Latvia or a temporary residence permit, and who has reached the age specified in the Law On State Pensions for the granting of an old-age pension or who has a decision of the State Commission of Health and Capability Examiners on a disability;
- a person who has been granted refugee or alternative status in the Republic of Latvia, who is legally resident in Latvia with a valid residence permit issued by the Republic of Latvia or a temporary residence permit, if he or she has a child in her lawful care who has a disability.
The draft law still has to be supported by the Saeima.