2 kg boiled, peeled and minced potatoes
1 cup flour
200 g smoked bacon
200 g Jāņi cheese
oil for frying
for the sauce:
1 chopped onion
a handful of green onions and dill
100 ml sweet cream
1. Put the potatoes, egg, flour into a boil and knead until the dough is no longer sticky.
2. Cut the meat and the cheese into strips
3. Roll out the dough and cut into small pieces. Shape each piece into a patty. Place a strip of meat and cheese into each patty and fold it. Roll them in your hands and flour and fry until golden.
4. Now the sauce. Cook the mushrooms in a pan until soft and dark. Add the onions, greens and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the “guļbešņīki” with the mushroom sauce.