The accident occurred at 5:23 in the morning. The driver needed assistance to exit the vehicle. Firefighters freed him with the help of hydraulic tools and handed him over to the Emergency Medical Service (NMPD).
The homeowner had evacuated from the building himself.
The site is cordoned off. As the Salacgrīva administration points out, the substance is not toxic but emits a strong smell, so if the smell bothers residents, they can be evacuated to the Salacgrīva school dorms.
Meanwhile, Latvian State Roads warned drivers that traffic may be disrupted near the scene of the accident. At the site of the event, traffic is regulated by the State Police, while the VUGD is performing removal of the substance.