The Vaccination Project Bureau said that the small number of officials who are currently given the opportunity to vaccinate was strongly evaluated in the light of their responsibilities and their role in the management of state processes.
On Friday, the vaccine against Covid-19 will be received by:
- Chairman of the Saeima National Security Commission Māris Kučinskis (Union of Greens and Farmers),
- Chairman of the Saeima Defence, Internal Affairs and Corruption Prevention Commission Juris Rancāns (New Conservative Party),
- Defense Minister Artis Pabriks (Development/For!),
- Interior Minister Sandis Ģirģens (KPV LV),
- Prosecutor General Juris Stukāns,
- Economics Minister Jānis Vitenbergs (KPV LV),
- Finance Minister Jānis Reirs (New Unity),
- Minister of Culture Nauris Puntulis (National Alliance),
- Minister for Welfare Ramona Petraviča (KPV LV),
- Health Minister Daniels Pavļuts (Development/For!),
- Environment Protection and Regional Development Minister Artūrs Toms Plešs (Development/For!)
- former President of Latvia Raimonds Vējonis.
The Bureau said that sociological polls showed that the majority of the population believed that the country's top officials should be given the opportunity to vaccinate in the early phase of the vaccination process in order to set an example for the rest of society.
Some officials, including the President and Prime Minister, already got their jabs on Thursday.