In the coming weeks, it is also planned for several other European countries to join transnational cooperation in order to limit the spread of Covid-19 across Europe more effectively and more quickly. Here is the list of Stop Covid partner countries , which will be updated with the accession of new partner countries.
In order to make the cooperation of new transnational applications more visible, a six-step visual demonstration has been created on a possible scenario in which the cooperation would take place:
- Anna (Latvia) and Thomas (partner country B) each download their own national app;
- Anna travels to country B and the app records prolonged contact with Thomas;
- Anna returns to Latvia, Thomas remains in partner country B;
- Thomas does not feel well and performs a Covid-19 test, which shows a positive result. Thomas enters the confirmation code in his app;
- While in Latvia, Anna receives a message on the phone that she was near an infected person. Anna contacts her family doctor;
- The family doctor tells Anna how to proceed.
As previously reported by LSM, Latvia was the first country in the world to make available a nationally-backed coronavirus tracking and notification app widely available.
It has been downloaded nearly 200,000 times and has helped in more than 100 cases of possible infection.
Find out more and download the app in Latvian, Russian or English at the official website https://apturicovid.lv/#en