- The non-taxable minimum income will increase to EUR 350 in January and to EUR 500 in July.
- The value-added tax (VAT) rate to books and press will be reduced from 12% to 5%.
- Excise duty for cigarettes, tobacco products, and sweetened drinks will increase.
- Self-employed people who earn less than the monthly minimum wage will have to pay quarterly social insurance at 10% of the income.
- The arrangements and extent for granting state family benefits will be changed.
- The state will pay for sick leave from work starting on day 10 (previously, it was day 11). Thus the employer will pay the remuneration while the employee is on sick leave for 9 days instead of 10.
Wages and pensions
- People aged 64 years and 3 months will be eligible for old-age pension.
- As of January 1, an increase in wages in healthcare, education, interior affairs, culture, social care sectors is expected.
Energy and other tariffs
- The electrical energy mandatory procurement component (OIK) will be reduced by 60% as of January 1.
- Natural gas tariffs for households will rise by anywhere between 54.2% and 93% as of January 1.
- From December 2021 to April 2022 the state will compensate 50% of electricity distribution tariffs. More households will be eligible for housing aid to help cover the hikes in energy prices.
- As of January 1, the pricing for mail correspondence and postal services will change.
- A reform of criminal liability for underage offenders is to be launched, focusing on re-socialization.
- A land reform of fixed cost on using the land is to come in force, with the cost at no more than 4% of the cadastral value.
- As of 2022 people with low income and small debt will be able to apply for the erasure of the debt.
- A faster queue system ('yellow corridor') will be implemented for people with repeated malignant tumor formation to quickly get the diagnosis and treatment. Breast reconstruction surgery after breast cancer treatment will be paid for by the state.
- Women up to the age of 40 will be able to receive state-compensated artificial insemination. Previously the age limit was 37.
- On February 1, the packaging deposit system will be launched.
- As of January 4 dogs imported from other countries will have to be registered within 10 days. Pet registration in databases will only be done by veterinarians.