A total 21 singers and bands will compete for a chance to get some Eurovision glory in Portugal, with the Supernova show taking place February when five male and eight female solo singers will perform alongside eight bands.
Aminata, who won Supernova 2015 with her memorable Love Injected, returns to the show this year as a composer with Ed Rallidae performing her What I Had With You.
- Agnese Stengrevics “You Are My World”. Song authors: Helvijs Stengrevics, Agnese Stengrevics
- Liene Greifāne “Walk the Talk”. Authors: Liene Greifāne, Ylva Persson, Linda Persson
- MIONIA “You”. Authors: Maija Līcīte
- Laura Rizzotto “Funny Girl”. Authors: Laura Rizzotto
- MADARA “Esamība”. Authors: Madara Fogelmane
- Katrine Lukins “Running Red Lights”. Authors: Katrine Lukins, Andris Lūkins, Kaspars Ansons
- Monta “1000 Roses”. Authors: Monta Ķimene
- Jenny May “Soledad”. Authors: Maija Stuģe, Martin Karl Hägglund, Martin Björn Hanzén, Tim Erik Åström, Michael Javier Hernan Barraza Alfaro
- Markus Riva “This Time”. Authors: Markus Riva, Kaspars Ansons, Edgars Krastiņš, Quincy Thompson
- Edgars Kreilis “Younger Days”. Authors: Edgars Kreilis, Kaspars Ansons
- Ritvars “Who’s Counting?”. Authors: Rihards Lībietis, Mārcis Vasiļevskis, Toms Lisments, Kristīne Pleša, Erna Daugaviete, Toms Kursītis, Mārtiņš Miļevskis, Dāvis Bindemanis, Sabīne Žuga
- Lauris Valters “Lovers Bliss”. Authors: Lauris Valters, Reinis Briģis
- Ed Rallidae “What I Had With You”. Authors: Aminata Savadogo, Kaspars Ansons
- In My Head “Sunset”. Authors: Evija Smagare, Armands Varslavāns, Rūdolfs Iļķēns
- DVINES “More than meets the eye”. Authors: DVINES, Pēteris Pāšs, Andris Strazds, Kaspars Ansons
- Hypnotic “Pray”. Authors: Sabīne Geiba, Beatrise Heislere, Ruslans Kuksinovičs
- Sudden Lights “Just Fine”. Authors: Andrejs Reinis Zitmanis, Kārlis Matīss Zitmanis, Mārtiņš Matīss Zemītis, Kārlis Vārtiņš
- Kris & Oz “Morning Flight”. Authors: Artūrs Osipovs, Kristīne Morina, Kristīne Sisējeva, Aleksandrs Solovjovs
- Rahu the Fool “Oh, Longriver”. Authors: Pēteris Narubins, Rahu the Fool
- Riga Reggae “STOP THE WAR U2”. Authors: Horens Stalbe, Vladimirs Eglītis, Mārtiņš Burkevics, Renarts Braufmanis
- Katrīna Gupalo & the Black Birds “Intoxicating Caramel”. Authors: Katrīna Gupalo
Markus Riva will be performing for the fourth consecutive time--he has participated in all Supernovas to date. Several acts are participating for the second time.
The only song in Latvian will be performed by MADARA with the evocative title, Esamība (being).
The Latvian diaspora is represented by Laura Rizzotto. She was born in Brazil, and her father is Latvian but her mother is of Portuguese descent. She's living in the US and is now learning Latvian rapidly.
Sudden Lights have a musical surprise in store for all involved as their song lacks a chorus!
Rahu The Fool are performing with everyday appliances and self-made instruments.
Jenny May will be singing in Spanish - her song 'Soledad' has something to do with solitude, or loneliness we presume.