It is permitted to step on the ice of these water bodies:
- Ķengarags pond (except within 70 meters of the Daugava estuary);
- waterbodies of the Vladimirs Kudojars park;
- Mazjumprava manor pond (except within 50 meters of the Daugava estuary);
- Bābelītis lake;
- Dambjapurva lake;
- Gaiļezers (not further than 70 meters away from the water's edge);
- Vecdaugava (from Vabu Street 13 to Mangaļsalas Prospect);
- Ķīšezers (from Ostas prospect 11D to Brēmenes Street 20, and between Makšķernieku village and Igates Street 1);
- Māras pond (except within 250 meters of Mārupīte estuary and within 70 meters from the crossing of Friča Brīvzemnieka and Ojāra Vācieša Street);
- Juglas lake (on Lielloka bay and Melluksis bay);
- Strazdupīte between Brīvības Drive 417A to Vidzemes Alley 1 (not closer than 300 m to the railway bridge);
- Juglas channel bay near Jaunciema Drive 8F;
- Ziemeļupe near Rīgas Ūdens water purification station 'Daugavgrīva'.
- Stepping on the ice elsewhere is still punishable by a fine of up to 100 euros.
Rīga municipal police have created an "ice map" displaying where it is permitted to step on the ice.